Financial Crime Investigator
A well-known bank is looking for a Financial Crime Investigator to join their team in Pretoria.
In this role, you would investigate alleged contraventions with the Exchange Control Regulations, recoup capital exported from South Africa – in contravention of the Exchange Control Regulations and/or 419 fraud schemes – and enforce anti-money laundering legislation onto Authorised Dealers in foreign exchange with limited authority.
- Investigate basic, intermediate and complex matters involving alleged contraventions to the Exchange Control Regulations, 419 fraud schemes and anti-money laundering (AML) enforcement investigations for the approval of the signing officer.
- Support the signing officer/manager on Financial Intelligence Centre Act 38 of 2001 (FICA) inspections and assist other divisions, when required.
- Recoup/recover/regularise all capital lost as a result of alleged contraventions of the Exchange Control Regulations, and/or administer the collection, preservation and distribution of money and/or goods seized through the investigations.
- Conduct and/or facilitate research relevant to investigations and/or requests for information from internal and external stakeholders, submit reports on findings and make recommendations to manager and relevant stakeholders.
- Assist legal practitioners with matters under litigation, including research, compiling reports and making recommendations, when required.
- Engage and assist internal and external stakeholders, by providing advice and training as well as to support the signing officer/manager when representing the division.
- Stay current with developments, policies, procedures, and legislation, propose, and implement the refinement and continuous improvement of tools, methods and processes.
- Coach and provide on-the-job training to team members to expand their investigation knowledge and practices.
- Record all relevant information and correspondence regarding allocated investigations.
- Serve on relevant divisional/departmental/Bank project teams based on experience, skill and ability.
- Knowledge of, and experience in, the Currency and Exchanges Act 9 of 1933, Exchange Control Regulations, Currency and Exchanges Manuals and other relevant legislation.
- 5+ years’ experience in financial or related forensic investigations in the banking, financial and/or law enforcement environment.
Education & certificates:
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, Commerce, Forensics (in the accounting or financial fields) or an equivalent NQF7 qualification
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Financialcareers@hireresolve.za.com
You are welcome to connect with: Jessica Davies, Merina Naicker, Shannon Watson or Lindy-Lee du Plessis on LinkedIn or contact them on 021 551 8638 and use any of the following extensions; Jessica 312, Merina 504, Shannon or Lindy on 514
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days