A leading beverage company situated in Cape Town is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Category Specialist to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
Category and Shopper Expert:
- Develop an unassailable level of energy category & shopper insight through thorough analysis of multiple data sources (offtake sales data, shopper data, market demographics, local & global shopper insights, and internal cooler data).
- Support Category Manager in regular category reviews, plans and strategies with retail partners via gaining a thorough understanding of the following;
- Energy Drinks category & shopper, Assortment optimisation Effective Planogramming, Merchandising principles, Current category project success & identification of further category growth opportunities.
Project Analyses & Management:
- Track performance of current category projects utilising multiple data sources (offtake sales data, shopper data and internal Cooler door opening data) in order to report success back to retailer.
- Manage the rollout & maintenance of category projects in retailers; ensuring a smooth rollout & that the units are always looking premium in store.
- Support Category Manager with sign off of further category project rollouts into store through strong sales and shopper data analyses supporting reason for rollout.
Turning Insights Into Action:
- Identify key opportunities for the company and educate the field team on how to capitalize on these opportunities through training days.
- Further equip the field team to action in trade in form of insights one-pagers that help sell in shelf space allocation of category and new item listings, disruptive display placements, additional cooler placements and other identified category opportunities.
- Support category team in managing and planning the annual “retailer meets shopper” conference, giving our retailers a competitive edge through understanding the latest shopper and retail trends through a day of influential speakers.
- Training of retailer’s broader teams on Category management through training days in order to further position ourselves as the category & shopper experts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in Category, Insights analyses or Key Account sales in the FMCG industry.
- Experience working with syndicated data (Nielsen & IRI), Nielsen Panel (homescan) and shopper metrics.
- Familiar with Planogram software, such as JDA is an asset.
- Highly proficient in MS Suite.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days