A leading construction company situated in Gauteng is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Buyer to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Support the shipping function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact business operations.
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes and activities.
- Monitor and advise on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the organisation.
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers.
- Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review cost reduction activities.
- Prepare reports and updates as and when required.
- Work closely with others in the procurement function and review opportunities for continuous improvement and business improvements.
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
- Prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules.
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications.
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken to all supplier relationships.
- Ensure compliance with company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures.
- Conduct research for new components and suppliers.
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues.
- Assist with spare stock counting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management/Diploma in Procurement
- Exhibiting good interpersonal skills to get along with co-workers and outside vendors
- Communicating clearly to deliver vital information to upper-level staff
- Following directions well
- Attending to detail to ensure specifications are being met and the quality of purchases is up to standard
- Displaying admirable negotiating skills to get the best deals
- Demonstrating a passion for the type of products being purchased and a willingness to continuously stay up-to-date on trends in that sector
- Analytical Skills
- SAP Experience
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days