Assembly Product Engineer (Night Shift)
A leading automotive component manufacturer situated in KwaZulu-Natal is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Assembly Product Engineer (Night Shift) to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Develop new products in line with customers and licensor specifications.
- Provide injection moulding and polymer processing expertise for range of products.
- Manage projects through project planning, project execution and accurate reporting on projects activities.
- Develop bill of materials (BOM) and formulate product costing quotations when required.
- Participate in cross-functional teams and/or suppliers to ensure new product or tooling introduction.
- Liaise with licensors or customers to obtain technical information and ensure its relevant utilization in product and process design including development.
- Compile quality system documents (ISIR Reports, Audit Actions, CAR`s, G8D`s, etc.)
- Commission tooling and develop process-set recipes for moulded products.
- Compile and maintain process documentation, i.e., Control plans, FMEA, Work instructions.
- Assess current products in view of design improvements and cost reduction.
- Provide production support for any operational requirements including processes and product innovations.
- Mentor production associates and manage any assigned trainees.
- Perform jig & fixtures/ tooling conceptualization, development & industrialization.
- Provide troubleshooting expertise to resolve Injection Moulding equipment, systems, and process problems.
- Conduct root cause analysis and problem solving to provide technical support to production teams.
- Support OEE activity in allocated focus areas to reduce downtime and scrap.
- Identify and initiate possible adjustments and modifications to the lines to improve efficiencies.
- Support the setters and team leaders when experiencing processing or throughput problems.
- Develop and repair robot grippers, fault find on robots, servo drives, production equipment, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
- Monitor production processes, including cycle times, change overs, start- ups and shut-downs.
- BSc / B-Tech / Higher National Diploma: Mechanical Engineering.
- 5 years injection moulding, process set up and tool qualifying experience.
- Project management, product development and drawing experience.
- Willingness to work constant night shift and perform ad-hoc day shift duties at management’s discretion.
- 3 years Vehicle Automotive industry experience
- Experience in development of automotive products
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days