Warehouse and Logistics Manager
An industry leader is currently seeking the expertise of a highly motivated Warehouse and Logistics Manager to join their team in Johannesburg.
A company that helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society. They combine over a hundred years of experience in operational technology, and over sixty years in IT to unlock the power of data from their client’s businesses, their people and their machines. This company helps enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs. Their mission is to contribute to society through the development of superior, original technology and products has been passed to generations of employees and external stakeholders.
They believe technology is driving today’s fast-paced world – innovation transforming industries and society for the better. But without the brightest, most creative people, their achievements would not be possible. Harmony, sincerity and promoting a pioneering spirit are the topmost values at this client company.
The client is looking for a Warehouse and Logistic Manager, Logistics Operations, to join their Global Supply Chain Group department. The successful applicant will manage and oversee all aspects of warehouse distribution including shipping, receiving, production planning, order management, continuous improvement quality programs, inventory control, compliance with company and regulatory standards (customs etc.), security, and facilities maintenance as it relates to operations for high-end data storage distribution.
- Maintain a fully functional warehouse distribution facility
- Responsible for accurate, on-time, and quality delivery to the customer
- Order scheduling and production management
- Site P&L responsibility
- Inventory control
- Staff management (3 headcounts) including direct and departmental oversight
- Establish and coordinate relations with local vendors to support operations
- Ensure site readiness in support of new product introductions
- Manage stand-by schedule and be willing to stand by during periods of staff absence / non-availability
- Materials planning/purchasing to support distribution packaging requirements
- Compliance with all company, local, and global regulatory requirements
- Design, implement, and execute objectives to meet company strategic and tactical objectives.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Able to make decisions and be flexible to change with continually changing situations
- Leadership/Mentoring capabilities
- Analytical skills
- Appropriate oral and written communication skills
Education and Experience
- Relevant diploma or degree
- Minimum 7-10 years of warehouse/production control/logistics management experience
- Familiarity with Quality/Continuous improvement initiatives, including ISO registration
- MS Office applications
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.