A leading retail company situated in Port Elizabeth is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Visual Merchandiser to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- The main responsibility of this position is to ensure that the shopping experience is further enhanced by maintaining an organized, visually appealing and welcoming store environment.
- Reporting to the Showroom manager, whilst getting direction from the Head office Visual Merchandising team.
- Responsibilities include ensuring stock is correctly merchandised and implementing floor plans and displays.
- Following Head Office directives, the VM must decorate and install.
- Consistently achieve the ongoing installation and dressing of the required merchandising plan within the prescribed time frame which will involve working with the basement team and will include some lifting, carrying etc
- Ensure that a high standard of housekeeping is maintained in the store, working with the store manager and other store employees.
- Merchandising monthly promotional settings according to the company’s design directives.
- The standard of visual merchandising should be in line with the company’s vision and brand identity in the respective store.
- Ensure required photos of shelving/settings are sent timeously and without exception to the merchandising department.
- Ongoing maintenance/updating of the furniture display settings and homeware shelving/tables as per last floor/setting changes and/or directives from the Head office.
- Assist customers and maintain a professional approach, selling when required.
- Work as a member of the store team assisting colleagues whenever you have the opportunity and available time to do so.
- Ordering the correct flowers and plants for the store(s) timeously, and within the set budget.
- Be involved in Homeware stock takes if required.
- Be aware of new product arrivals and lines to be discontinued and plan for this in advance with the Head office. Maintain superior product knowledge.
- Assisting in receiving, unpacking and checking in on homeware when relevant basement team members are not available or high stock volumes are received.
- Diploma in Interior Decorating/Fashion
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role and environment/brand.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days