Our client is a mineral exploration and production is seeking a professional and experienced Trackless Mechanic to join their talented team in Limpopo.
They aim to retain talent by ensuring that their employee value proposition (EVP) remains compelling through their creative, innovative and entrepreneurial culture. They ensure that their business practices are benchmarked against best practices, foster an entrepreneurial culture and leadership among employees and position this client as an employer of choice. Their corporate governance practices are based on high standards, and they are regularly reviewed to make sure they are strong and in line with global best practices.
Employees have noted that this is a business that strives to achieve its goals and maintain its values is carried out all the time, in the promotion of a healthy lifestyle at the workplace for their staff and within the surrounding community.
The incumbent Trackless Mechanic will assist the GES and Foreman, and deliver quality work output in the day-to-day work activities within their relevant policies, procedures and legislation. The position will be held at their operations near Steelpoort, Limpopo.
- Adhere to the legislated safety, health and environmental standards in every task performed
- Assess and respond to specific risks related to Trackless Mobile Machinery
- Perform the job as outlined in the Work Order and as per the detailed Task List
- Capture the history and complete the notification to the required standard
- Confirm the Work Order with the correct time and all details to the required standard
- Communicate if spares, equipment or other factors were not available for the job on the work order and to the Maintenance/shift Supervisor (Trackless)
- Conduct fault finding on hydraulic systems, internal combustion engines, transmissions, Torque Converter, Axels and drive lines
- Assist in tyre changes
- Attend to breakdown quickly and safely
- Capture all data related to the stoppage to aid in determining the root cause
- Change out of item/component
- Create Works Order detailing items to be drawn from stock
- Complete all fields on the “Damage” tag on the returned item to the rotatable store
- Physically transport damaged rotatable to lay down area
- Conduct maintenance and breakdowns as required.
- Submit reports as required
- Valid Driver’s license
- Good interpersonal & Communication skills
- Be able to read and understand drawings and schematics
- Excellent team player and communicator
- Thorough, detail-oriented
- Professional and natural team-player
Education and Experience
- Grade 10 or N2 with 4 relevant subjects
- Valid Trade Certificate Section 13/26D
- 3 years’ experience in Trackless Mobile Machinery
- Completion of the company Apprenticeship Programme
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.