Technical Manager (Non-food)
A leading FMCG company situated in Cape Town is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Technical Manager (Non-food) to join their team.
- Technical development of new products being presented to market either by the company’s retail partners or by the company’s own brands.
- Working with technical teams in UK and Asia to ensure all technical aspects of a development project are completed, for example safety assessments, product performance testing, regulatory compliance, specification creation and legal checks.
- Input and implementation of business Technical Strategy.
- Prioritise and champion the company’s Policies on Sustainability, Innovation and Ethical manufacturing.
- Manage the performance and development of junior team members.
- Network with key players in the industry.
- Management of technology and supplier base.
- Management of company total quality management standard, from quality assurance to non-conformance and complaint management.
- Implementation and management of brand integrity for and on behalf of the group and customers.
- Understanding the SA retail landscape to enable successful trade with a focus on compliance and legislation.
- The ability to work across a broad and diverse product category.
- Great problem-solving skills with a sound commercial aptitude.
- Ability to manage key customers and ensuring integration and alignment across teams.
- Handling of customer complaints/queries with the correct level of investigation, follow up and close out.
- Critical path management for new product development ensuring all technical deliverables are met.
- Artwork sign off to ensure compliance and all on pack markings and call outs are validated.
- Non-food candidates are preferable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Scientific Discipline, preferably Chemistry or Cosmetic Science/ SCS Diploma in Cosmetic Science/BSc Food Science Degree/BTech Food Technology.
- Minimum 7 years industry experience across multiple product categories.
- Proven track record of technical product development and bringing ranges to market.
- Good working knowledge of Quality Management Systems, HACCP, BRC, Allergen Controls, Ethical Requirements, Internal Auditing, third party and retailer accreditation systems and Codes of Practice.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days