An industry-leading company situated in Gauteng is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Structural/Mechanical Designer to join their team.
- Excellent Organisational Skills
- Ability to identify issues, obtains relevant information, relate and compare data from different sources, and identify alternative solutions
- Knowledge of and ability to use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions and/or reaching conclusions
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; written and verbal
- Work on a variety of projects in the mining industry ranging from modifications to new facilities.
- Become familiar with project scope, specifications and design criteria when assigned to a project team.
- Participate in design reviews with other disciplines to evaluate design concepts and make recommendations.
- Must be receptive to directions in the preparation of acceptable technical solutions. The Designer must interact well with other disciplines to complete tasks
- Produce drawings from the given information.
- Produce drawings with practical safe content.
- Site measure and inspect items when required.
- Assist the Section Leader / Coordinator in his duties as and when required.
- File drawings in a disciplined manner and accordance with Project document management requirements.
- The preparation of designs, reports, and drawings
- Ensuring that projects meet legal guidelines, health and safety regulations, and environmental directives.
- Apply standard drawing parameters: drawing numbers, revisions, material type, size, and dimensions into shop drawings.
- Develop and review as-built drawings based on field red-line mark-up drawings.
- Create and maintain a bill of materials
- Proven Mechanical Design working experience in Bulk Materials Handling Systems
- 8 to 12 years of design work in Materials handling Systems.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Bulk Materials Handling Systems within the Mining Sector
Education & certificates:
- Minimum N6 Technical Drawing or equivalent / National Diploma
- Qualification/Certification 2
- Qualification/Certification 3
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Engineers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days