Statistical Data Scientist
A top insurance provider is seeking a Statistical Data Scientist to join their team at their offices in Johannesburg.
The role will involve accountability for important BAU operations, but it will be more heavily weighted toward ad-hoc projects involving a variety of crucial areas and procedures of a short-term insurance. This position is perfect for someone with strong analytical and data science skills who is looking for a chance to explore the application of and develop their skills in the insurance industry.
This is a broad, technical role that is seeking a candidate with a passion for data science.
- Data collection, verification, and management
- Reporting on any analysis, modelling or solutions developed
- Extract insights and recommend appropriate actions through statistical modelling and data analysis.
- Remuneration modelling management
- Design and build analytical solutions to meet business needs.
- A quick learner
- Energetic and strong sense of urgency
- Enthusiastic and passionate attitude towards the job
- Effective communication skills (Written and Verbal)
- Passionate about Data
- Integrity and Honesty
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently.
- Financial and Business insight
- Problem Solving Skills
- Degree in Actuarial Sciences, statistics, business sciences, business Mathematics. (Other degrees or Postgraduate qualifications with a statistical/modelling aspect and/or experience will be considered.
- Actuarial candidates need to have passed all CT’s and CA1.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in statistical modelling/ analytical role
- Experience in Modelling software – R and Python required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Microsoft Excel, SQL
- Experience in the Short- Term insurance industry will be advantageous.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Financialcareers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days