Full Stack Developer
This industry-leading client is currently seeking an experienced and talented Full Stack Developer to join their team in Cape Town.
This client services the mining sector with expert consulting services and proprietary web-based MES software, allowing clients to make better-informed decisions that boost productivity and reduce costs via rethinking how data is managed and utilised. Collaboration is key to their approach and vital to achieving business goals and building successful teams; they provide innovative, practical solutions.
Authenticity and transparency matter to the executive management, who believe in always acting with integrity and respect. Management understands the value of listening, collaborating and earning trust to create value.
The primary responsibilities of a successful applicant will involve working with the project team on designing and implementing new features in their web-based mining software platform, updating and evolving older features and assisting with client requests.
- Designing and implementing well-performing code
- Working on web client frameworks
- Optimising personal and team performance
- Troubleshooting and debugging issues as they occur
- Designing and implementing new features for the software platform, based on project team collaboration
- Updating and evolving older features in the software platform
- Assisting with and communicating regarding client requests
- Reporting on successful projects/tasks
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker
- Excellent problem solver, solutions-driven
- Curious mind, interested and passionate about the latest innovations in the field
- Critical thinker, able to receive and provide feedback
- Good communicator, both written and verbal
- Comfortable with agile ways of working
- Individual with passion and grit
Education and Experience
- 3+ years of development experience.
- Proficient in Python.
- Experience with a web client framework, either Angular, React or VueJS.
- An understanding of web application development with experience in a leading framework such as Flask or Django.
- Understanding of best practices with regards to web applications, API design and OOP.
- Ability to design and implement well performing production code.
- Critical thinking for breaking down large problems and debugging issues.
- Mathematical proficiency advantageous
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes advantageous
- Experience working with AWS, GCP or Azure advantageous
- Exposure to these libraries or frameworks advantageous: Pandas, Ionic, Celery, RabbitMQ
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.