A leading retail and wholesale company situated in Gauteng is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Sourcing Specialist to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
SM Category Strategy & Planning
- Support the ISM Tower lead or Category Manager in the development of a multi-year enterprise sourcing strategy and savings roadmap.
- Perform and validate data analysis and converts actionable insights into category strategy recommendations.
- Play an active role in the communities of practice and work collaboratively with the COE (Centre of Excellence) Lead and POC (Procurement Operations Centre) Lead to mature the ISM function and drive continuous improvement of the ISM function.
- Support the Category managers in interacting with cross-functional stakeholder groups to understand and document their business requirements.
- Develops project plans and drives the execution low complexity sourcing projects.
- Leads low-complexity sourcing projects, assists in medium-complexity negotiations, and supports contracting process.
- Identify supplier risk areas and quantify risk exposure and execute risk mitigation actions.
- Negotiate price, quantity, and delivery schedules with suppliers/service providers.
- Work with legal counsel to ensure that all contracts relating to product procured contain all details of the negotiation and tender terms and conditions.
- Assess quotes/proposals and compiling a detailed assessment of cost breakdowns.
- Generate quote comparisons and contributing to internal supplier selection based on the quotes.
- Support the improvement in Preferential Procurement Spend and Enterprise and Supplier Development.
- Manage project or team processes & documentation in SAP Ariba (tender software).
- Manages internal customer relationships for low complexity projects.
- Develop comprehensive implementation and communication plans with stakeholders and end users.
- Manage non-strategic supplier relationships and contracts.
Indirect Spend Management
- Contribute to the increase total contract spend under categories managed for the respective tower.
- Contribute to the increase spend under management for the respective tower.
- Contribute to the improvement of voice of the customer and voice of the supplier metrics.
- Contribute to the improvement of BBBEE compliance (Preferential Procurement and ESD Score).
- Contribute to the improvement ISM Maturity.
- Achieve financial targets.
- Adoption of new ways of work and technology enablers.
- Contribute to the reduction of the annual indirect spend for tower by lowering the cost base.
- Drive hard and soft savings targets for respective tower.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, Commerce, Operations Management, Business Process Management, Analytics, Information Technology
- Experience in retail and real estate advantageous.
- 5 years of experience in strategic sourcing, supply chain management, management consulting, retail or professional services role with a demonstrated track record of results and increasing level of responsibility.
- CIPS (Chartered institute of Procurement and Supply), PMP (Project Management Professional) or SCMP (Supply Chain Management Professional) certification desirable.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days
About Hire Resolve