Senior Supply Chain Manager
A leader in the industry is currently seeking an experienced Senior Supply Chain Manager to join their exceptional team onsite in Johannesburg, Gauteng.
This client is the world’s leading diamond company, with unrivalled expertise in the exploration, mining and marketing of rough diamonds driving it forward. It’s a company with a rich history and a sparkling future – and they aim to enable all those they work with to live up to their full potential.
At this company, they are driven by a desire to make life brilliant for their people, their customers and those living in the communities where they operate. The prioritise creating a business and culture where every employee is safe, has equal opportunity, and is equipped and empowered to make a difference. Innovation and opportunity are the status quo at this business. They are invested in their people – in the personal growth, training and wellbeing of each staff member. This role provides a fantastic opportunity to develop useful skills in a widely-respected, internationally-known company.
The Supply Chain department delivers sustainable value and supply efficiency for the company operations by leveraging their global scale, physical infrastructure, integrated systems and supplier partnerships with both global multi-nationals to host community suppliers. The company is looking for an individual with a mission to drive Supply Chain operational excellence.
- Managing the interface between Supply Chain and the business
- Communicating and collaborating extensively with BU operational representatives as well as other Supply Chain teams.
- Ensure business needs and priorities are understood and reflected in Supply Chain plans and priorities,
- Provide Supply Chain representation and leadership at a site & BU level
- Facilitate resolution of issues and drive continuous improvement
- Enable the delivery of business ambitions and value for the asset
- Selecting the right suppliers
- Managing supplier safety performance
- Introducing supplier safety innovation
- Maintaining safety across supply chain
- Implementation of contracts
- Resolution and/or escalation of supplier performance issues
- Supporting Global and Regional commercial teams and company representatives
- Interact with host communities with an aim towards driving and enabling the Company and Supply Chain’s Inclusive Procurement objectives
- Interface between Supply Chain, operations and the communities through strong interface management, prioritization of business and asset requirements and driving Supply Chain Operational Excellence at a BU/asset level
- Strong negotiation skills
- Effective influencing and engagement experience/skills
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation)
- Valid Drivers’ license
- Strong in teamwork
- Natural leader
Education and Experience
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Strong overall knowledge of Supply Chain Management in a global context
- Supplier and Contractor Relationship Management experience
- Inclusive/Local Procurement experience
- Commercial understanding and application experience
- Continuous Supply Chain improvement and optimisation experience
- Sound knowledge of customers and suppliers
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.