Senior Stress Testing Specialist
The main purpose of the Senior Stress Testing Specialist is to lead the development and implementation of stress testing frameworks to promote stability in the financial system. This includes quantitative analysis of potential systemic risks and advising policymakers on the soundness of financial institutions under stress scenarios.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following key performance areas:
- Lead the development and implementation of top-down and bottom-up stress-testing frameworks (methodologies, processes, models, etc.).
- Conduct stress-testing exercises and report results to policymakers.
- Research to inform the assumptions and relationships that underpin the relevant models.
- Conduct research on macroeconomic stress testing and possible financial stability risks, to enable the early detection of systemic vulnerabilities, and provide thorough reports on findings.
- Build economic models to stress test the resilience of financial institutions.
- Demonstrate an understanding and application of all methodological standards, techniques and protocols that apply to your work.
- Prepare briefings and presentations on stress-test results, research findings and economic analysis, and present them to internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the skills development of junior specialists by guiding the subject matter in their scope of work.
- Deliver work independently and determine deliverables from a range of prescheduled and ad hoc team responsibilities.
To be considered for this position, candidates must have:
- Master’s degree in Economics, Econometrics, Maths, Statistics, Actuarial Science or an equivalent qualification; and
- 6 years’ job-related experience with a background in stress testing, model development and/or quantitative analysis of systemic risk in the financial sector.
The following would be an advantage:
- Experience in relevant programming languages (eg. Python, Matlab, R).
Additional requirements include:
- Proven facilitation and presentation skills (would be an added advantage);
- Sound knowledge of economic and financial theories as well as macroprudential policies;
- An understanding of stress testing of the banking/insurance sectors or a similar environment;
- Knowledge of the insurance and banking regulatory frameworks and international standards;
- Experience with macroeconomic and/or microeconomic modelling;
- Project management and risk management;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; and
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft (MS) Office products such as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or emailing your CV to Financialcareers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days