Senior Specialist – Stress Testing
An industry-leading bank in Pretoria is looking for a highly skilled Senior Specialist (Stress Testing) to join their team of professionals.
In this role, you would lead and implement the stress testing frameworks to promote stability in the financial system through quantitative analysis of potential risks and advisory on the soundness of financial institutions under stress scenarios.
- Lead the development and implementation of top-down and bottom-up stress-testing frameworks (methodologies, processes, models, etc.).
- Stress-testing exercises and report results to policymakers.
- Researching to inform the assumptions and relationships that underpin the relevant models.
- Research macroeconomic stress testing and possible financial stability risks, to enable the early detection of systemic vulnerabilities and provide thorough reports on findings.
- Build economic models to stress test the resilience of financial institutions.
- Demonstrate an understanding and application of all methodological standards, techniques and protocols that apply to your work.
- Prepare briefings and presentations on stress-test results, research findings and economic analysis, and present them to internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the skills development of junior specialists by guiding the subject matter in their scope of work.
- Deliver work independently and determine deliverables from a range of prescheduled and ad hoc team responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/Law or Business Management
- 6 years relevant experience with a background in stress testing, modelling and/or quantitative analysis of systemic risk in the financial sector
- Experience in relevant programming languages (eg. Python, Matlab, R).
Education & certificates:
- a Master’s degree in Economics, Econometrics, Maths, Statistics, Actuarial Science or an equivalent qualification
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or emailing your CV to Financialcareers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days