Senior Solar Technical Engineer
Hire Resolve’s client is looking for an experienced Solar Senior Technical Engineer to manage the configuration and specifications of renewable energy projects on behalf of their clients across all sectors of the market. The position will be based in Cape Town with travel across parts of South Africa expected.
- Manage and coordinate all technical aspects of multiple renewable energy projects
- Work under the Technical Director
- Develop projection and control schemas for C&I solar PV projects
- Develop technical specifications
- Advise project teams and clients on technical aspects and constraints of projects
- Dedicating time for research and development
- This role will include regular client engagements
- Technical qualification (BEng/Bsc Eng – Electrical/Mechanical/Mechatronic)
- Minimum two years of solar PV project engineering experience – as a PV design engineer (preferably in the South African C&I embedded generation market)
- Good understanding of financial drivers and metrics of renewable energy systems
- Good technical grasp of solar PV design considerations, interconnection detail, protection and control schemas, earthing arrangements etc.
- Working understanding of the South African Grid Code for RPPs, Distribution Network Code, NRS 097, 048 and 047, and relevant SANS electrical standards
- Solar PV Rooftop, Carport and Ground Mount project experience
- Design/Engineering experience in Battery Energy Storage Systems
- Salary: R720K/yr – R900K/yr, negotiable
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Engineers@hireresolve.za.com
Alternatively, you are welcome to contact our Engineering team at 021 551 8638
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days