Senior Resource Geologist
A successful mining consulting firm is seeking the expertise of a qualified Senior Resource Geologist to join their established team. This client is a multi-faceted South African advisory company offering a wide range of exploration, resource, mining, metallurgical, financial valuation, financing and advisory services to both local and international companies. Each division within the team works closely together and in frequent collaboration, to see projects through to success: from the initial target generation stage to the final mine closure.
Employees note the extremely high skill level and motivation of the relatively small team; as such, any successful candidate can look forward to an invigorating and educational experience working in the business. The company stands in incredibly good stead within the mining community as a whole, as well as having wide business networks within several other industries, so any new team member will benefit from the impressive track record and impeccable credibility that the experience carries far into one’s career.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Datamine/Leapfrog 2D and 3D geological modelling
- Geological interpretation
- High-quality, professional Report writing
Education + Experience
- BSc Honours (Geology)
- 5+ years of post-graduation experience in resource geology (preferably in operational and projects);
- Proficient (an expert is preferred) in Datamine and/or Leapfrog software (geological modelling and estimation);
- Geostatistical knowledge would be advantageous
- Preference is given to SACNASP-registered applicants
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.