Senior Plant Metallurgist
The client is looking for an experienced, highly-qualified Senior Plant Metallurgist to join their talented team and drive the department forward – optimising and improving all aspects of operations with a team-based mindset.
- Provide metallurgical and processing operations advice
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with production and maintenance personnel to ensure a team-based approach to achieving all objectives
- Seeks improvement opportunities with the key reagent and consumable suppliers.
- Conducts plant investigations and improvement projects to improve recovery, increase throughput and reduce cost as required
- Maintains the metallurgical accounting system, and generates daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly balances as required, by the company
- Metal Accounting
- Standard Monitor plant performance
- Analyse operational/assay data and set up systems that provide performance trends that can be used to identify areas and opportunities to improve plant performance
- Assist in developing the budget physicals and cost targets for the annual budget
- Ability to perform optimisation studies and implement the results successfully
- Ability to write reports/articles that can be published or reported to patent service providers
- Computer literate (Excel, Word and e-mail)
- Valid Certificate of physical fitness
- Driver’s license
Education and Experience
- B Eng (Chemical, Processing or Extractive Metallurgy)
- Honours or a Master’s degree will be advantageous
- Minimum of 4 years in a similar role within a plant environment
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.