Senior Instrument Technician
The client is looking for an experienced Senior Instrument Technician to lead their team and guide their department to the highest standard of excellence. Primary among their responsibilities are SHEQ assessment and assurance, team management and training, operational planning, and budgeting.
This client is a world-class gold and copper mining and exploration company. With more than 70 years in the mining sector, this company is an experienced emerging market gold miner and the third-largest gold producer in the country. They are also a significant operator of gold tailings retreatment facilities. Their goal is to create value by operating safely and sustainably, and growing their already sizable capital margin.
Employees have lauded this business as a transformed and culturally diverse place to work in, with technical challenges at the mine making daily work interesting. There is an excellent long-term future and quality project delivery system to look forward to by any successful applicant.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Comply with Health and Safety Management Systems and Standards
- Identify hazards and risks while performing daily tasks and take preventative actions
- Ensure that team members are appropriately trained for roles
- Attend morning Meetings with Foreman/Chief Technician to plan the schedule and prioritise tasks
- Interact cordially with team members and other departments on related activities
- Monitor costs within approved parameters
- Be involved with Project planning and compile project budgets in collaboration with the project department
- Provide Technical assistance during the execution
- Provide on-the-job training and coaching to Artisan Learners as well as newly appointed Artisans
- Maintain and development of Scada and PLC programs as required for new projects and instruments added to the system
- Apply the relevant fault-finding technique
- Ensure that all instrumentation units and equipment are safe and in good working order after task completion
- Able to embrace a challenging environment
- Capable of giving and receiving frequent feedback
- Team player, with strong social skills and a professional interpersonal manner
- Confident orator
- Natural leader
- Can thrive in a culture of high performance, accountability and innovation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Numerical and presentation skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Budgeting skills
Education and Experience
- At least 5 years experience as an Instrument Technician
- ND IN Electrical Light Current with relevant Industrial Instrumentation subject (or higher qualification, e.g HND / BTech); or
- Relevant Trade Test as Instrument Mechanician with N4 – N6 or ECSA Registration as Professional Engineering Technician
- Fluent in English; second language advantageous
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Valid Driver’s license and own transport
- Previous Shaft/Plant related experience
- PLC Programming and SCADA
- Completed Supervisory Development Programme
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.