A well-established company is currently seeking the expertise of an experienced and talented Risk Specialist to join their team in North West.
- Assist with compliance with legislation, mine policies, code of practices, standard rules, and procedures in respect of risk issues within the risk management system.
- Facilitate the conducting of issue, baseline, and continuous risk assessments within the risk management.
- Initiate risk assessments within the risk management system.
- Provide training regarding the risk management methodology courses on issue-based risk assessments.
- Guide management on the establishment of risk practices at operations.
- Develop strategies and tactical plans to reduce the company’s risk exposure.
- Assist in identifying and managing critical control task inventory registers.
- Able to embrace a challenging environment
- Thrive in a culture of high performance, accountability and innovation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, eye for detail, and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Commercial awareness
- Numerical and presentation skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Ability to understand broader business issues
Education and Experience
- Grade 12/NQF Level 4/STD 10
- Risk Management or Safety Management Diploma (NQF 6) is essential
- Incident Cause Analysis Method (ICAM) course
- Legal Liability training is desirable
- 5 years experience as a risk facilitator is essential
- At least 5 years experience in the implementation and consultation of a risk management system
- 2 years experience in a managerial role is desirable
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.