QC Final Product Analyst
A leading food manufacturing company situated in Cape Town is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced QC Final Product Analyst to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Receipt of samples into the laboratory
- Analysis of samples as per individual final product (FP) or raw materials(RM) analytical specification
- Release of FP/RM samples and logging of all results on the Quality system
- Notification to packing, milling and blending on internal non-conformances and completion of NCR documentation
- Dumping of old reference samples from the archive including completion of dumping notes for approval
- Housekeeping of laboratory
- Assist with a stock take of laboratory consumables
- Calibration of equipment daily and reporting of any issues in the laboratory regarding equipment
- Maintenance of Final Product / Raw material reference samples and standards including archiving of final product /Raw material samples
- Analysis of shelf life extension samples and investigation of customer complaints
- Requesting reference samples and documentation from PMI Technologist when products or raw materials are introduced
- Analysis of new PMI samples and issuing information on results to PMI
- You may be required to conduct other functions at management discretion due to operational requirement
- When deemed competent by management you will be required to provide peer training which will be assessed by the management team.
- Good working knowledge of the Spice and Herb industry and processes used in the industry
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal (English & Afrikaans)
- Background in an Analytical Testing Laboratory
- Tertiary qualification: ND/B. Tech Food Technology / BSc Microbiology/B. Tech Quality
- Experience in the Food Manufacturing and Testing Environment.
- Computer literate ( MS Office, Syspro 6, BI Tools)
- Sound report writing & presentation skills
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days