Project Quantity Surveyor
An industry-leading company situated in Cape Town is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Project Quantity Surveyor to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that orders for materials are placed timeously and within budget
- Ensuring that subcontractor’s appointments are made timeously and within budget
- Timeous preparation and submission of progress claims, subcontractors’ payments, and tax invoices.
- Control of project Variation Orders –the preparation and approval process with client and subcontractors
- Site Measurements
- Attending and participating in all Site Meetings
- Ensuring payments and final accounts are managed efficiently
- Identify new rates and submitting the breakdown thereof for approval
- Assisting with Building and Civil tendering and estimating when required
- Perform proper risk management through the timeous preparation and submission of contractual notices and claims (assisted by QS Manager)
- Communicate and manage long lead items, design discrepancies and co-ordination of details amongst the Contractors and Employers teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a proven track record of communicating with stakeholders at all levels (Professional Teams and Client Representatives; Site teams; Company Management Teams)
- Strong numerical ability and attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and CCS
- Thorough understanding of contracts, plans, specifications, and regulations
- Ability to remain flexible and efficient in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to make intelligent and quick decisions, working well under pressure, and when faced with unexpected occurrences or delays
- BTech or Bsc in Quantity Surveying (essential)
- 5 -10 years’ experience working for a Contractor as a Quantity Surveyor on Building and civil projects.
- Registration as Candidate QS and or Professional Quantity Surveyor (PQS) advantageous
- Proven experience across contracts (in order of preference) –GCC, JBCC, NEC and Fidic.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Engineers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.