A leading plastics company situated in Cape Town is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Production Planner to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Production Scheduling and equipment utilization.
- Review of planner over 6 extrusion lines and 2 Molding machines.
- Optimize the production plan to reduce setup times and raw material changes.
- Ensure the production planner is always updated.
- Review daily orders listing against requirements and provide feedback to relevant departments.
- Run MRP daily and create shop orders and purchase requisitions where required.
- Make relevant changes to the plan as and when there are changes on the shop floor or from logistics.
- Schedule a weekly meeting with the Manufacturing Manager and Production Supervisor to optimize the plan and forward requirements.
- Forecast part requirements to assist logistics and optimize stock levels
- Raw material planning and ordering; Liaising with suppliers and communicate supply and production constraints.
- Assist Production Supervisor with administrative tasks and system related queries.
- Assist Stores Supervisor with administrative tasks and stock control.
- Ordering operational consumables for stores and production.
- Overseeing and assisting with annual stock take.
- Finished goods stock queries. Reporting and investigating.
- Supervise second operation reworks of parts and offline workings.
- Ensuring data integrity, changes to system and updates are done regularly.
- Assist Engineering and development team with production/ new part related requirements and queries.
- Actively participate in weekly engineering meetings.
- Actively participate in daily production review meetings.
- Assist Quality department with overseeing parts with reworks or have additional inspections required.
- Assisting Finance team to review profitability reports and costings.
- Carry out any other reasonable requests as required by Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Production/Supply Chain Management
- Minimum 4 years’ experience within the packaging industry
- Strong communication skills
- MRP experience required.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days