Principal Civil Engineer
A well-established firm is currently seeking the expertise of an experienced Principal Civil Engineer to join their team in Johannesburg.
This client is a leading mining consultancy, with a global footprint within and outside Africa. They have been providing expert advice and solutions to their clients around the world for over 45 years, and are one of the global resource industry’s most respected consultancies. They consider their success to be founded on the high calibre of their people. Collaborating at all levels, they have created a company culture that fosters cooperation and mutual respect while promoting corporate development and personal growth. Working for them, the incumbent would collaborate with some of the industry’s most respected specialists and apply diverse, cutting-edge technologies.
The company offers:
- A flat corporate structure that invites self-directed professional growth
- A progressive work environment fostering innovative thinking
- Recognition for excellence and achievement
- Equal opportunity within an environment of respect and dignity
- Opportunities for international travel
- The ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world, on a variety of projects, ensuring a stimulating working environment
- A competitive compensation and benefits structure
- The opportunity to own shares in the local practice and global company
- Sourcing and managing projects including client liaison, design, quality control, budgets, invoicing and mentoring of junior staff
- Business development, including developing relationships with potential clients, preparing trade journals articles, and presenting papers
- Using ACAD and Civil Designer packages and associated software services
- Contract documentation and administration
- Checking and signing off on designs and drawings
- Writing technical reports and proposals
- Submitting proposals/tenders to clients for new work
- Development of new products and services
- Have excellent technical report and proposal writing skills
- Good people management and team leadership skills (able to lead and build existing team)
- Comfortable and experienced in leading teams
- Self-managed and highly accountable
- Excellent communication abilities, both interpersonally and written/verbal
- Passionate to achieving and building on existing technical excellence
- Confident, entrepreneurial, and ambitious
- Looking for a challenging and interesting career
- Valid Drivers’ Licence, willingness and enthusiasm for travel
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a BSc in Civil Engineering.
- Be registered as a Professional Engineer with ECSA
- A minimum of 15 years with at least 8 -10 years in the consulting field
- Design and project management experience (in the mining industry) in the fields of water, waste, earthworks, and geotechnical engineering is essential
- A working knowledge of ACAD and Civil Designer packages
- Experience in Structural design will be an advantage
- Experience in working with a variety of commodities is an advantage
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Engineers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.