A industry-leading client of ours looking for a Software Developer with experience in developing Mobile, Desktop and/or Web applications to join their team.
The company is a South African IT systems integrator and business solutions provider that specializes in biometrics and identification solutions for both the public and private sector; its successful history spans several decades and multiple countries within the African continent.
Employees note its culture of constant innovation and cutting-edge ingenuity and the opportunities provided by working with its diverse and wide-ranging global parent company team. The ability to provide and receive feedback, good communication and accountability would ensure an applicant’s success in the role.
- The Software Developer will be required to design, develop and implement software on various platforms and devices.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of programming languages is preferred, with a focus on Flutter development.
- Solid knowledge of Flutter Widgets and how they can be plugged together, customized and deployed is a key requirement.
- Strong candidates who is passionate about code writing, solving technical errors and taking up full ownership of application development.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Building and shipping robust applications to various platforms (Web, Android and iOS) using a single codebase.
- Writing readable and clear code using mainly Dart with some development in Java/Kotlin, Objective-C/swift and C#.
- Sharing feedback and brainstorming ideas with team members to improve the development process.
- Understanding the basic concepts of design for developing user-friendly and responsive applications.
- Being passionate about technology and staying up to date with the latest technologies.
- Higher Degree or diploma in IT or related field
- 3+ years in mobile and/or web application development
- A solid grasp of Object-Oriented programming.
- Familiarity using IDEs like Android Studio, XCode, VS Code and Visual Studio (2019+)
- Knowledge of Dart programming language, REST APIs and integration of 3rd party APIs
- Comfortable using test cases for debugging code, enhancing performance and reliability.
- Solid knowledge of Version Control (Git, Bitbucket, SVN)
- Experience working with project management tools (Jira, Asana, Redmine)
- Beneficial but not required experience: Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, Gitlab), writing unit tests (Junit, JTest, XCTest) and other programming languages are a plus
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.