Plant Maintenance Manager
A leading food manufacturing company situated in Gauteng is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Plant Maintenance Manager to join their team.
The Plant Maintenance Manager will be responsible for Managing Maintenance Team and upkeeping of the Assets Care Shopware module ensuring machine availability per requirement.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Develop and implement maintenance and preventative plans in the area of responsibility.
- Maximize uptime of all machinery.
- Firmness and hands-on management approach.
- Planning of daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance with production.
- Ensure a high standard of housekeeping.
- Assist with breakdowns and after-hours call-outs.
- Ensure operation effectiveness of all machinery in the area of responsibility.
- Administration Functions.
- Responsible for Health and Safety in area of responsibility.
- Ensure GMPs are adhered to.
- Keep the Management team up to date with day-to-day occurrences which will influence business performance.
- Participate and support Company’s food safety and quality objectives.
- Report all problems with regard to Food Safety to the QA Manager who will initiate and records actions.
- Draw up and manage Maintenance Budget.
- Involve in Project management (CAPEX).
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- N6/ National Diploma in Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering.
- 7 years’ industry experience of which at least 5 years are in a managerial /supervisory role.
- Formal Training on Ammonia plants.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Track record of production process improvements.
- O.E.E result driven.
- Experience in PLC equipment drives and automation.
- Experience in refrigeration of ammonia plants will be an advantage.
- Electrical problem-solving experience.
- Must have production process experience.
- Good experience in Scheduled, predictive and preventative maintenance.
- Administrative Skills.
- Basic Training in Food Safety Management Systems including FSSC 22000
- Knowledge of Boiler Maintenance.
- MS Office.
- Willing to work weekends and Public Holidays when required.
- Strong knowledge of Environmental, Health and Safety.
- Project management (CAPEX) experience will be an advantage.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days