Planning and Procurement Manager
This client is currently looking for a Planning and Procurement Manager to join their PV projects team in Sandton, Johannesburg.
The incumbent will be focused on completing project estimation most cost-effectively and efficiently in line with organizational policies and procedures, and identifying and evaluating new suppliers/contractors based on project requirements and SPOC for procurement.
- Analyze Engineering and construction scope and prepare project Budgeting, WBS with cost breakup, cash flow and establish an EPC strategy.
- Preparation of RFQ for supply and contracting with relevant terms and conditions including performance parameters and getting quotes.
- Identify and evaluate EPC contractors for MW scale projects with the best terms and conditions that meet project requirements.
- Presales budget estimation by collecting costs for various heads with respective departments including logistics, insurance and finance.
- Preparing a detailed cost sheet covering the complete scope of the project with backup quotes or references.
- Evaluate quotes to get the best price, shorten delivery/lead time, and control the freight. Evaluate the prices and the past performance of every contract to review price differences.
- To develop, review, and monitor the purchase operations and ensure that purchase procedures are correctly followed to maintain economy and efficiency in the operation.
- Exploring new connections for various geographies based on project requirements and compliance with company rules and regulations.
- Ensuring vendor/contractor 100% compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Able to act as SPOC for all vendor /contractor communications
- Escalate relevant data to superiors and strategic inputs that affect the financials of the project
- Define clearly the LD parameters for the EPC Contractors to ensure construction risk mitigation
- Ensure maximum detailing of project scope with backups.
- Implementing site-specific procurement strategy to get the best cost to win projects.
- Vendor management and efficiency of offers
- Adhering to organization ethics
- Adhering to all company policies without deviation
- Provide timely inputs to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and maintain a strong process documentation and control mechanism
Education and Experience
- Candidate should have 3 to 5 years of experience in solar PV and hybrid power plants.
- Proficiency in the regulatory and compliance requirements of power plants
- Experienced in estimation – WBS detailing and detail costing
- Experienced in Identifying new vendors/contractors and Procurement process
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Engineers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.