Occupational Hygiene Officer
A great mining company in Northern Cape is seeking the expertise of an Occupational Hygiene Officer to join their team.
- Grade 12
- National Diploma in Occupational Hygiene / Environmental
- Advanced Mine Environmental Control (MEC) Certificate
- 5 – 7 years experience in an underground mining environment
- Mine Ventilation Society Membership
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure adherence to the occupational hygiene management schedule by performing the work as per the schedule.
- Order the required laboratory supplies and timeously ensure equipment & instruments are calibrated and controls the budget allocated to this area.
- Ensure that all HSEQ reporting is aligned with standards, guidelines and schedules.
- Communicate and record ventilation information and changes to relevant stakeholders to minimise production delays during production time.
- Continuously analyse mining ventilation efficiencies to recommend or implement improvements or changes to maximise mining operation.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships and an effective / sound communication system with the HSEQ Function.
- Provide knowledge and advice to all levels of management to identify and resolve a wide range of Occupational Hygiene management system and related interfacing issues.
- Assist the Technical team with short and medium-term ventilation planning during LOM planning as well as model the ventilation network on Ventsim
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days