A leading cable company situated in the North West is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Operations Manager to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Report and where possible act on any customer or client’s complaint or compliments.
- Have sound, hands-on experience in the technical field such as electrical work, fitting and turning, plumbing and overall insight/experience in hospitality property management systems.
- Strive for the achievement of total customer satisfaction by ensuring that every customer is given polite, friendly, and personal service.
Duties and Quality of Work
- Stand in for the General Manager when required to do so in his absence.
- Ensure that highest level of accuracy is achieved in the sales.
- Ensure that the required levels of operating equipment and stationery is always maintained.
- Oversee revenue collections, ordering of change and to handling of change to the outlets.
- Ensure that the cableway and all associated systems is being operated in line with safety and procedural protocols at all times.
- To ensure that downtime of the cableway operations is kept to an absolute bare minimum.
- Ensure that staff are rostered according to the business requirements.
- Motivate staff.
- Ensure training and development of NQ’s and other beverage related training needs are implemented in conjunction with the Training Department
- Ensure enough staff levels.
- Ensure that regular meetings are held with staff within the Department.
- Set objectives and targets for all staff within the Department.
- Optimise all profitability and efficiency of the unit.
- Achieve the stipulated profit percentage set for the Company while maintaining quality of standards.
- Initiate and implement actions appropriate to the achievement of the budget.
- Ensure that all rules, regulations, and directives of Company are adhered to.
- Conform to Company policies by ensuring that the policies applicable to the unit are implemented and enforced.
- Ensure that all actions carried out by employees are that pertaining to the Basic Conditions of Employment Act and Labour Relations Act.
- Ensure that all staff receive hygiene, health, safety, and fire training to the standard laid down by the Company, and that the procedures and policies pertaining thereto are always adhered to.
- Degree/BTech in Mechanical Engineering or Business Management related qualification.
- 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Strong Operations and Technical skills.
- Hospitality experience will be added advantage.
- Excellent computer skills (incl. Microsoft)
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Planning and follow through on all work-related activities.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Health and safety experience.
- HR/ ER experience up to chairing of disciplinary enquiries.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Certificate of fitness
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days
About Hire Resolve