A leading steel manufacturing company situated in Mpumalanga is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Buying Manager to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- The incumbent will be responsible to lead and supervise the Buying team responsible to ensure that the requirements of the business are sourced and purchased at the right price, at the right time and that the quality of the item / services purchased are fit for purpose through an appropriate agreement.
- Ensure the team follows procedures and prioritise workload in such a way that the most critical tasks are performed first.
- Communicate, co-ordinate and correct substandard service delivery
- Identify problems on quality outputs and do investigations and corrective steps on deviations
- Monitor and manage skill levels of team
- Communicate effectively with personnel
- Ensure appropriate negotiation planning is done and obtain management mandate.
- Ensure administration processes related to the Buying functions are done
- Minimum qualification of a Degree in Purchasing, Business Administration and/or Supply Chain Management. TMDP/CIPM or other management qualification would be an added advantage
- Minimum of 4 years relevant work experience
- Managerial experience will be advantageous
- Knowledge of JD Edwards will be advantageous
- Must be able to deal with conflict situations and people management
- Must be able to plan and organize to ensure timely handling of tasks.
- The Incumbent must be able to interact with suppliers through being assertive but professional.
- The incumbent must possess negotiation skills.
- Attention to detail is needed in the handling of all tasks.
- The incumbent must be able to comprehend complex situations and find solutions to problems.
- The incumbent must have strong administration skills
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days