A great mining company in Westonaria, Gauteng is seeking the expertise of a Mine Overseer to join their team of professionals.
- Maintain effective people management practice by ensuring that roles and competencies are clearly defined, and that effective team delivery is maintained
- Coach and guide front line leaders (FLL) to assume and maintain effective and direct leadership accountability over their operational teams in respect of safety management, shift planning, work assignment and direction, planned task observations, etc.
- In conjunction with the FLL, coordinate and advise on optimal team assignment relative to planned operational, production and related work cycles to ensure optimal safe and effective task delivery
- In conjunction with the FLL, coordinate and advise on operational logistics including stores, materials handling, equipment maintenance preparation and servicing to ensure end to end task planning, elimination of delays, etc.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant safety, health, environmental, regulatory and related standards
- Grade 12
- Mine Overseer Certificate of Competency
- Blasting Certificate for Underground Scheduled Mines
- Degree / Diploma in Mining Engineering (Advantageous)
- 10 – 15 years experience in an underground trackless mining environment
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days