A leading mining company situated in Limpopo is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced MRP Controller to join their team.
The successful candidate will drive and support compliance with relevant policies and standards and particularly the Contractor Performance Management policy & procedures to enable achievement of gold-standard contractor safety performance.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Identify ways to support specific safety, health & sustainability opportunities and risks and ensure that materials planning activities complies with all Safety, Health & Environmental requirements.
- Ensure the safe operation of the Physical Supply Chain environment, performing regular risk assessments, monitoring safety performance, and addressing any risks/issues immediately.
- Effectively implement the Materials Plan based upon inputs from end-users and historical data analysis to meet end-user requirements at optimal inventory levels.
- Ensure the operation and output of reliable planning and suggested inventory models based on detailed inputs from end-users, MRP analysts and forecasting models to inform category decisions across the region.
- Determine the fulfilment modes for material segments/items.
- Ensure that master data parameters for new and existing items are updated to the correct standards.
- Manage the working capital optimization opportunities for execution e.g., disposal of excess and obsolete stock.
- Provide strategic input into frontloading, identification and sizing of initiatives relating to working capital benefits.
- Ensure that activities related to inventory optimization events are planned, scheduled, resourced, and executed in a timely and visible manner.
- Implement network optimization opportunities to guide logistics providers in order to reduce transportation frequency which also contributes to the positive impact on the environment.
- Implement working capital optimization opportunities and identify and ensure the execution of cost reduction initiatives that positively impacts cost to serve.
- Provide input and guidance to sourcing and purchasing teams on optimal fulfilment strategies for commodity classes i.e., central v de-centralise, VMI, VOI, etc.
- Foster a culture of planning and fulfilment within areas such as purchasing, sourcing and operations.
- Sign off MRP for purchasing plans.
- Manage, monitor and release relevant requisitions required to fulfil demand placed against the warehouse.
- Support the roll-out of the Anglo American Operating Model and cross-site best practice sharing, to leverage tangible working capital benefits.
- Maintain stakeholder integration relationships with key suppliers and internal end-users (maintenance & production teams) to enable effective planning and fulfilment of demand.
- Provide specialist advice to stakeholders regarding MRP and demand planning processes.
- Create awareness and embed best practices regarding inventory and network optimization protocols.
- Support logistics activities to meet operational deadlines.
- Embrace a Supply Chain team culture of diversity and inclusiveness.
- Collaborate with the CoE to develop and implement a regional Physical Supply Chain people capability framework and development plan and be responsible for implementing the plan in the region.
- Support cross functional team interactions with internal stakeholders to execute Physical Supply Chain activities.
- Bachelor’s in Supply Chain Management/Logistics Management or Inventory Management is Essential
- SAPICS or PICS – PPIM/CPIM Certification
- 5 years supply chain planning experience in a Mining environment
- Valid EB/Code 08 Drivers License
- Your consideration for employment is subject to your SAPS Criminal Record verification and qualifications verification.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days
About Hire Resolve