As an Automation Engineer, you will be responsible to implement and integrate underground safety, mining automation, telecommunication and operations management systems and have oversight of the integrity of such systems.
- Performance of the Automation Engineer will be evaluated against the following KRAs:
- Ensure that legal, safety, environmental and hygiene standards are complied with and maintained.
- Interpret organizational requirements for the section, to compile and develop a risk log with appropriate mitigation solutions.
- Implement policies and develop procedures to ensure adherence to Engineering and Operational standards.
- Allocate and manage the utilization of financial resources and value add to optimize engineering
- Availability and life cycle management of equipment.
- Manage and coordinate teams and resources to execute maintenance and operational plans.
- Direct the development, motivation and utilization of human resources for the section.
- Ensure a competent knowledge base for continued success within the area of responsibility.
- Coordinate the development, management and enhancement of maintenance strategies and plans.
- Develop appropriate engineering maintenance and project systems to support the strategic plans.
- Grade 12 certificate, or equivalent NQF level 4 qualification.
- Minimum 7 years’ work experience in the engineering or mining industry of which 3 years must have been in a management capacity
- 5 years’ practical experience at the system management level of the installation and integration of underground TMM mining automation systems
- Project management experience
- Bachelor’s or BTech degree or National Diploma in a discipline relevant to Mining Automation (Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic/Mechatronics Engineering)
- Government Certificate of Competence (GCC – Mines and Work (Electrical or Mechanical) will be advantageous
- Professional registration with the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA) as a Professional Engineer or Engineering
- Technologist will be advantageous
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days