A leading retail company situated in KwaZulu-Natal is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Ladieswear Buyer to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Drive constant product availability for the customer profile, through accurate buying and aesthetic.
- Ensure that products briefed to suppliers are comprehensive with clear specifications.
- Assess the production of the product once received as per the brief as well as maintain accuracy to the specifications (fit, form and function).
- Access the value equation of materials used, construction complexity vs cost relevance.
- Build supplier relationships that are in line with our business strategy.
- Understand lead times from all sources and understand the full business processes.
- Forecasting and sales management in line with operational planning, constant price benchmark and price analysis in line with the business strategy.
- In Season Trading: Turn on and off trends according to sales and current trends and develop a well-rounded understanding of the retail environment and market.
- Post Season Analysis: use the agreed attributes relevant to each category/subcategory and analyse relevant characteristics to create a forward strategy taking trends into account.
- Develop a working document strategy based on learnings from the post season, store grading understanding is required.
- REVIEWS: prep garments and information in line with the agreed strategy.
- GENERAL: seek feedback on progress and level of understanding and performance, and constant communication with the team.
- NQF 5 Wholesale Retail Buying and Planning Learnership (12 months) or
- Completed Degree /Diploma in Fashion Retail / Design/ Clothing
- Management (3 Years)
- 5 years of fashion retail buying experience in a Junior Ladieswear Department with an understanding of the customer profile (Prerequisite)
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days