Engineering Jig and Tool Designer
A leading automotive manufacturing company situated in KwaZulu-Natal is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Engineering Jig and Tool Designer to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Timely design of effective jigs, fixtures, fittings, and tooling.
- Commission jigs, fixtures, fittings and tooling and machinery, when required.
- Review and approval of dimensional reports – ISIR and MDR.
- Provide technical support to the production team and the manufacturing facilities.
- This includes problem solving and continuous improvement of quality targets, output targets, costs, product design, technology, and capability.
- Innovation of processes, jigs, fixtures, fittings and tooling, and implementation of innovations.
- Ensure drawings are created accurately and in accordance with company standards and project timing.
- Custodian of Tooling Register and filing system for drawings / designs. Must maintain and keep up to date.
- Any Activity based on operational needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Trade test (Tool, Jig, and Die Maker)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience, plus 3 years tool and jig design (using 3D CAD) in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the automotive industry.
- Project Management experience.
- Preferably product development experience with automotive products.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days
About Hire Resolve