A leading automotive manufacturing company situated in KwaZulu-Natal is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Product Engineer to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Design and develop new products in line with customer and licensor specifications.
- Have polymer processing and injection moulding expertise for a range of products.
- Project planning, project management, and accurate reporting on project activities
- Develop Bill of materials and formulate product costing quotations when required.
- Participation in cross-functional teams/suppliers to ensure new product/tooling introduction.
- Liaise with licensors/customers to obtain technical information and ensure its relevant utilization in product and process design and development.
- Effectively close out quality system documents (ISIR reports, Audit Actions, CAR’s, G8D’s, etc).
- Commission tooling and develop process set up recipes for moulded products.
- Compile and maintain process documentation, ie Control Plans, FMEA’s, Work Instructions, etc.
- Assess current products in view of design improvements and cost reduction.
- Provide production support for any operational requirements.
- Mentor production associates and manage any assigned trainees.
- Support processes and product innovations and the implementation thereafter
- Jig & Fixtures/Tooling conceptualization, development & industrialization
- Troubleshooting expertise to resolve Injection Moulding equipment, systems and process problems.
- Support to team meetings on root cause and problem solving.
- Support OEE activity in allocated focus area to reduce downtime and scrap.
- Initiate to identify possible adjustments and modifications to the lines, improving efficiencies.
- Self-develop electronic competence and leadership skills as part of life-long learning.
- Generate manufacturing improvement ideas aimed at improving efficiencies.
- Support the setters and team leaders when experiencing processing or throughput problems.
- Utilize your learned skills to develop and repair robot grippers, fault find on robots, servo drives, production equipment, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
- Monitoring of processes, including cycle times, change overs, start- ups and shut-downs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSc/B-Tech)
- 3 years Vehicle Automotive related experience.
- Project management experience.
- Design and drawing experience.
- Preferably product development experience with automotive products
- 5 years Injection moulding process set up experience/tool qualifying experience.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days
About Hire Resolve