An engineering company based in Johannesburg is on the lookout for a Technical Specialist to join their team!
This position is responsible for leading and working with teams of Engineers, Designers and Draughtspersons across a portfolio of projects and clients. The role involves technical leadership and the ability to lift the overall technical performance of the engineering professional team.
- Provide technical support and guidance to peers and other functional groups within the level of your expertise
- Provide technical leadership in a multi-disciplinary team
- Identify and provide solutions to challenging engineering problems
- Ensure that Quality Assurance (QA) requirements are adhered to
- Apply a deeper understanding of engineering principles to devise and deliver practical and economical solutions to problems
- Plan and resource projects
- Prepare client reports and designs
- Assist in the management and training of staff including mentoring
- Contribute to the overall management and profitability of the discipline
- Supervision of drawing, project specifications and contract documentation production for assigned tasks
- Prepare expressions of interest and tender submissions
- Maintaining contact with wide local and international network of persons with similar interests
- Publish papers or articles on projects or developments in the field of expertise
- Share knowledge with (junior) colleagues, clients, students through the facilitation of workshops, lectures etc.
- Mentoring and coaching
- Bachelor of Engineering degree/higher degree from accredited university/college
- Relevant professional memberships
- Minimum 10 years of practical experience in the relevant discipline
- Extensive knowledge of engineering design issues and analysis methods
- Ability to identify and provide solutions to challenging engineering problems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Project management and leadership skills
- Ability to use analytical tools including commercial software
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively within a culturally diverse and multi-disciplinary environment
- Sound knowledge of Quality Assurance (QA)
- Extensive knowledge of engineering materials and their applications
- Knowledge of contractual matters pertaining to construction
- Sound knowledge of OHS and environmental regulations
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Engineers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days