A leading food manufacturing company situated in Gauteng is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Technical Manager to join their team.
The successful candidate will be providing leadership, deploy people management processes to ensure that workforce planning, recruitment & selection, learning and development, performance management, career and succession planning, employee retention processes are in line with company policies and procedures and continued improvement.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Manage and control processes to ensure compliance to regulations, standards and requirements to ensure maintenance of the food safety certification
- Lead the food safety team in the development and management of the Food Safety and Quality management system.
- Ensure raw material suppliers are monitored for compliance and highlight any concerns with central department
- Enforce and train technical rules, regulations and legislation
- Leading and developing the foods safety team and all departments and employees involved
- Reporting on GMP’s and trends
- Ensure hygiene and housekeeping is maintained at required levels for readiness of any food hygiene /safety audit.
- Ensures that internal audits are carried out as specified by the Food Safety and Quality Management system (FSQMS).
- Manage the clear out of internal and external NCR’s according to the timelines given.
- Compile and deliver reports timeously, as required by business (including report on customer complaint rating downwards to prevent reoccurrences).
- Maintain record keeping and documentation in line with standard operating procedures and regulatory requirements to ensure maintenance of food safety certification.
- Provide cross functional support to other departments, ensuring all are up to date with latest requirements and specifications on food safety and quality.
- Liaise with customers on complaints, project and continual improvement.
- Liaise with NPD on new product developments and reformulation of current products.
- Design and review operation’s organisational structure to support operational plans and strategy.
- Manage budgets, monitor expenses (OPEX and CAPEX) to be within the budget and continually strive to save costs.
- Consistently meet customer requirements, needs and specifications and maintain a healthy relationship
- Manage customer specifications, changes, updates, enquiries and complaints efficiently
- Liaise and give support to the Divisional Systems, Raw Material, Food Safety Coordinator and Laboratory Teams.
- Gather data and assist with the calculation and RSPO audits
- Bachelor’s degree/Advanced Diploma /NQF Level 7 (Food and Nutritional Science / Food Technology / Quality) is preferred.
- Minimum 8 years’ middle management work experience within Food Manufacturing environment – not laboratory
- Good understanding of Pastry / Raw Materials like; Meat, Dairy, Vegetables, Fats, and dried spices, interaction with Woolworths will be to your advantage.
- Knowledge of GMP, FSSC 22000 and Food Safety regulations and guidelines.
- Strong knowledge of computer skills in MS office packages (Excel, Projects, PowerPoint), Food management system
- Stakeholder management skills – experience in solving complex or open-ended problems with other areas and maintain sound relationships with other individuals at a senior management level – inside and outside the company and writing (proposals setting or changing strategy, factual reports, presentations, procedure or policy documents, training materials, regulatory agencies) and routine customer or client’s communication.
- Ability to work autonomously, take decisions, work under pressure and cope with the inherent physical demands of the position.
- Strong people management skills and ability to work in a team.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days