Strategic Sourcing Manager
A leading platinum mining company situated in Johannesburg is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Strategic Sourcing Manager to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Strategically position Operation‘s Procurement to support overall business objectives.
- Drive commercial benefit for Operation whilst ensuring developmental objectives of local businesses are also met.
- Implement and maintain Inclusive Procurement Strategy, Policy, Procedures,
- Standards, Targets and associated reporting. Specific focus to increase host community and local to site spend must form part of this strategy.
- Provide Operation with guidance and have an in-depth knowledge of public legislation and policy guidance relating to Inclusive Procurement and Strategic Sourcing.
- Ensure systems are in place and reports are compiled for internal and external use and presentation to management.
- Maintain and implement responsible Sourcing strategy, standards, procedures and reporting.
- Develop standards and protocols on engaging business chambers, feedback mechanisms and external reporting structures to ensure fair and transparent procurement practices.
- Develop and provide implementation oversight of uniform funding mechanisms in support of SMME development
- Commerce / Engineering /Supply Chain Management degree is essential.
- A postgraduate qualification (honours/masters) or equivalent will be advantageous
- MCIPS certified and MBA / MBL will be advantageous
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in supply chain and/or procurement is essential.
- Strong Metals and Mining experience is essential.
- Strong Inclusive procurement, strategic sourcing and enterprise development and supplier development experience is essential.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in SAP and preferable in a mining environment is essential.
- Valid medical certificate or medically fit in order to obtain such a certificate
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days