Our client is looking to hire a skilled software developer to help with the development of their current projects, joining their software development team in Johannesburg. It is mid to senior, permanent position.
Our client is a personal finance and secondhand retail company – their services range from buying-and-selling pre-owned quality goods to cash advance offerings. They have stores in South Africa and Namibia, with plans to expand throughout Africa, and their international parent body is the largest cash and asset converter in the world.
Today, this business offers an exceptional franchise opportunity with access to a proven business model and one of the most comprehensive training programmes in the industry. As they continue to grow towards the future, they are looking to recruit determined, motivated and passionate people to join their team. Being part of a rapidly-expanding global franchise is an incredible opportunity for skills development and growth, with a high level of exposure to international networks. This team is energetic, with a positive and fast-paced atmosphere where all are encouraged to achieve more.
The incumbent’s duties will primarily revolve around building software by writing code, as well as modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces. The successful applicant will also be involved in directing system testing and validation procedures, as well as working with customers or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance. The role includes support of released processes, third-party interfaces and systems. To be successful in this role, candidates will need extensive (good practical working) knowledge of the listed programming languages and the Agile software development life cycle.
- Executing full lifecycle software development (SDLC).
- Writing clean, efficient, accurate code based on company best practices and specifications.
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Fixing and improving existing software. Modifying such software to fix errors, adapting it to new hardware, improving its performance, or upgrading interfaces.
- Testing and deploying programs and systems. New, enhancements and bug releases.
- Aid and support the coaching and training of other team members to ensure all developers are confident in the use of software applications
- Consulting with departments or customers on project requirements, status, support, and enhancements.
- Working with customers or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
- Analyzing information to recommend and plan the installation of new systems or modifications of an existing system.
- Performing after-hours checks on systems, processes, and application results as per support schedules to ensure warning on any issues and to resolve any such issues before business resumes.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Resourceful and troubleshooting aptitude
- Excellent technical skills, tenacity
- Self-starter, driven to improve, inspiring and full of energy
- Work well under pressure.
- Team player – can contribute to and work well within the teams (both development and business)
- Commitment – the client supports 24/7 client-facing applications, which requires support and occasional after-hour effort (planned and unplanned)
- Respectful, passionate, collaborative and professionalism
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Minimum three years experience in software development, programming, and working in an Agile environment.
- Experience facilitating the proper design and implementation of software
- Experience collaborating with team members to determine best practices and client requirements for software
- Proven experience as a software developer (software engineer) or in a similar role
- MS SQL; T-SQL
- Web API 2 / Core & Rest web services
- NET Core
- WinForms; UWP
- Entity Framework 6+
- Entity Framework Core
- MSSQL Server
- HTML 5
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.