Site and Projects Manager
A leading aluminium manufacturing company situated in Gauteng is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Site and Projects Manager to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Assume the appointment of OHS act Section GMR 2.1.
- Assume the appointment of Covid-19 compliance officer.
- Develop programmes and action plans to achieve full compliance with the OHS act.
- Manage the SHE team and related responsibilities. Liaise regularly with the employee relations manager and clinic sister.
- Assume responsibility for environmental compliance affairs, energy efficiency and technical projects.
- Interact with the factory unit managers and maintenance managers on all SHE and site related matters.
- Maintain construction- and installation project schedules by performance management of contractors, monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, resolving problems.
- Manage and monitor project budgets.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising information and recommend actions.
- Manage the contracted security team, in respect of all site related security matters.
- Engage with external parties related to reliable supply of all services such as electricity, water, waste removal and effluent discharge.
- Continuously monitor energy usage on site and chair regular energy meetings with the manufacturing team.
- Actively support the company’s 20 Keys improvement drive to world class.
- Any other responsibilities and functions reasonably expected by senior management.
- A tertiary qualification in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Government Certificate of Competency (Factories)
- At least 5 years in an engineering, project management or operations management position in a factory environment.
- Track record of implementing OHS act requirements.
- A self-motivated individual to be appointed under section GMR 2.1 of the OHS act, to take full ownership of all machinery and site regulations, good communication skills and the ability to operate in a matrix organisation.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days