An industry-leading company is currently looking for the expertise of an experienced and talented Senior Hydrologist to join their team.
- BSc or Engineering degree (+ MSc in Hydrology or similar optional)
- Membership of professional industry bodies (Pr.Sci.Nat, Pr Eng) or similar
- Minimum 8 years’ hydrological experience
- Knowledge of environmental legislation and the National Water Act
- Agricultural knowledge
- Must obtain and analyse hydrological and meteorological data
- Knowledge of statistical methods and techniques in hydrology
- Hydrological and hydraulic modelling abilities (Pitman, WRSM 2000, and HEC-RAS, PCSWMM or similar)
- Conduct field measurements including water flow and water quality measurements
- Measure and graph phenomena such as stream flows, and changes in water volumes
- Design and conduct scientific hydrological investigations to ensure that accurate and appropriate information is available for use in water resource management decisions.
- Hydrological catchment delineation
- Hydrological calculations, including rainfall-runoff and peak flows
- Undertake flood risk assessment and flood line determination
- Water & Salt balances
- Storm Water Management Planning
- Risk and mitigation assessments and management plans
- Design and sizing of storm water infrastructure
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Engineers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days