Senior Full Stack Engineer
A nationally-recognised client of ours is currently seeking an ambitious Senior Full Stack Engineer to join their innovative team in Johannesburg.
Our client is a nationally-recognised domain and hosting provider, providing professional web hosting, domain registrations, SSL certificates and EPP solutions. They have earned their place in the industry by delivering world-class products at affordable prices, and by providing their clients with superior service. They are passionate about their products and services, which is why they are continually revolutionising their business by launching new and innovative solutions targeted at their clients. Their main goal is to ensure that these solutions and services enable their clients to remain at the forefront of their respective industries.
In joining this business, a successful applicant can look forward to an exciting and innovative working culture, surrounded by talented and experienced professionals who make up an efficient and cohesive team. The responsibilities of the role allow for flexibility and autonomy in working operations, and new challenges daily.
The client is looking for a great talent Senior Full Stack Engineer with a proven track record, who strives to learn and grow and has the highest standards in coding, a sense of ownership in a project and great technical skills. The team will be building end-to-end solutions using APIs, backend systems and database systems.
- Maintaining RESTful JSON APIs developed with Laravel.
- Utilising JWT for authentication, an abstract factory architecture for communication with (XML) EPP domain registry services
- Redis in-memory datastore and Logstash filtering request logs to Elasticsearch
- Lead the development of features, experiments, technical projects and complex systems.
- Full leadership of new technical projects and directions.
- Create new business opportunities.
- Continue to evolve our architecture and solutions.
- Attend daily stand-ups and weekly dev meetings
- Laravel 6+
- Advanced PHP principles
- API / REST
- MySQL / MariaDB
- Git / Github
- PHPUnit advantageous
- JWT advantageous
- Redis advantageous
- Docker advantageous
- ELK Stack – Elasticsearch and Kibana advantageous
- Basic Linux knowledge advantageous
- Basic SOAP Knowledge advantageous
- Payment Gateway Integration advantageous
- Ability to work unmanaged
- Responsible, personally accountable
- Team player
- Analytical and problem-solver
- Good grasp of business processes
- Excellent communication skills
- Be a leader, technical architect, mentor, and driver towards the right technology
- Good sense of humour
Education and Experience
- 3 – 5 years of Laravel Development Experience.
- 2 – 3 years of API Integration Experience.
- Experience in DevOps, Agile development, Leanness and Automation.
- Medium understanding of CSS
- Awareness of Nodejs and its position in full-stack environments
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.