Senior Android Developer
One of our clients, one of SA’s leading insurance conglomerates, are looking for a Senior Android Developer to head up their mobile development team.
This Android app developer will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications. Android programming works closely with other app development and technical teams.
If you are looking for a new opportunity, we would be thrilled to assist you with your career move!
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Matric certificate with relevant tertiary qualification
- 7+ years of experience in Android mobile application development
- Knowledge of, and experience in mobile frameworks and technologies such as:
– Android Studio
– Spring Framework
– Containerisation technologies e.g., Kubernetes, Docker
– CI/CD Tools e.g., Jenkins, AWS Code Commit
– AWS (preferred) or another cloud provider such as Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform
– IaC technologies e.g., Terraform/Cloudformation
– Collaboration tool e.g., Confluence, Jira, Microsoft Teams, Slack
- Familiarity with architecture styles such as Microservice and Serverless architectures
- Critical thinking, root cause identification skills and attention to detail
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Good communications skills and a team player
- Comfortable with pair programming
- Possess commercial and business awareness
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.