Senior Actuarial Product Specialist
A leading insurance company is looking for a Senior Actuarial Product Specialist to join their team of professionals in Johannesburg.
In this role, you would assist and support the Product Manager and team to meet objectives. You would be technically strong with a passion for people, product, and pricing.
- Interrogates research results and extract conclusions that will enable the creation of the product customer value proposition (CVP)
- Define and review product specifications for new product developments
- Technical pricing (assumption setting, premium calculation, pricing review and financial business projections) of new products and benefits
- Ensure alignment of new and existing products to legislation, industry guidelines or codes
- Monitor ongoing performance of products and ensure benefit development objectives are met
- Providing sign-off of customer facing documentation and ensuring that these are compliant to Governance standards
- Ad-hoc projects and investigations in support of business enablement
- Provide product support to other internal departments such Operations and Distribution.
- Facilitates idea generation, product concept definition and evaluation processes with stakeholders
- Redevelop products and deploy updates and enhancements based on feedback from all stakeholders, ongoing assessment of the effectiveness of product delivery and the performance of the product, as measured by the agreed key performance indicators
- Ensure completeness of the project plan for the implementation of changes/innovations
- Provide oversight and guidance to team members
- 5+ years’ experience in Financial Services
- 3 years’ life insurance experience
- SQL knowledge would be advantageous
Education & certificates:
- Newly or nearly qualified Actuary
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Financialcareers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days