Plant Supply Chain Manager
A leading food manufacturing company situated in Gauteng is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Plant Supply Chain Manager to join their team.
The successful candidate will will provide leadership and oversight to the scheduling & logistics team, including materials purchasing planning, production scheduling, inventory management, product life cycle change management, disposals, risk and SLOB management, master data governance. Identify and implement improvements to working practices to improve efficiency, performance and reliability in the supply chain, including vendor management, seasonality and promotions planning and supplier inventory planning. These activities should deliver expected PPOF, PPLF, PTP and PR agreed targets, which in collaboration with Central Supply Planning deliver Customer Services levels.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- 100% Engagement: Drive the team to a culture of total employee ownership by effectively managing systems to drive empowerment and engagement for all Employees and promoting active participation in learning and continuous improvement activities. This includes Build capability of workforce separately, Employee development and coaching in behaviours and competency development, as well as management of daily, weekly, and monthly review processes.
- Responsible for all systems monitoring and enhancements (SAP), system training and core power users. Main lead into McCormick IT for technical enhancements / changes.
- Responsible for the tactical and strategic factory materials and inventory plans, set targets, manage year on year stock value / inventory turnover improvements to support Supply Chain targets. Input into the S&OP process at Site.
- Represent the plant on local, regional and global Supply Chain projects, with regard to Commercialisation, CCI and engineering changes. This includes execution of Commercialization projects and Warehouse work transportation for safety risk.
- Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business, Management or related field desirable.
- Experience of Production and materials planning, and management required.
- Operations / Supply Chain background and proven track record of target focused delivery in fast paced Operational environment required.
- Working knowledge of cycle count process, SAP preferred.
- Demonstrable leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days