Plant Purchasing Manager
A mineral mining company situated in Gauteng is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Plant Purchasing Manager to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Be the single point of contact for the plant managers of the designated sites. (scope will be 1 PPM for several plants).
- Gathering the local purchasing requirements: anticipate, collect and optimise the site’s requirements in terms of quantity and specifications.
- Ensure internal customer satisfaction with the performance of the purchasing team.
- Entry point for all requests.
- Supplier quality management.
- Close collaboration with supply chain/procurement.
- Management of direct reports.
- Degree in purchasing or procurement
- 5-10 years of relevant management level experience within the mining industry
- Must have intermediate-level MS excel competency
- Knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics (Identify skills/attributes required for this position which may. include leadership, problem-solving, interpersonal, communications, planning, team participation skills, and/or language requirements.
- Highly motivated and proactive driver of change.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills – both internally and externally.
- Ability to have a global view and link business need to purchasing strategy.
- Confident decision maker.
- Proficient in MS Office software, experience in bespoke systems (e.g. IFS, 7 Steps) an advantage
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days