A leading logistics company situated in Gauteng is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced General Manager to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- To formulate a tactical Transport Operations strategy and associated practice delivery plan and influence operational implementation, contributing to client satisfaction, reduced risk and improved profitability.
- Asset Management – Ensure vehicles physically meet standards and that all assets are optimally utilized.
- Financial Management & Administration – Budgeting and Cost-Control; Achieving budgeted Revenue & Profit Targets; Preparing annual budgets in conjunction with line managers, Monthly Income statement management, Forecasting during the month, Financial Ratio management, Debtors Age Analysis Management, CPK Management
- Human Capital Management in all areas of responsibility
- Operational Management & Customer Service – Establish and maintain sound relationships with customers community organizations, employees etc by building the company image to ensure business units meet and achieve the requirements of relevant SLAs, meet & exceed external & internal; customer expectations, etc enforcing ethical business practices.
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification e.g. Bachelor’s Degree and/ or Advanced Diploma in Logistics Management or Road Transport Management etc.
- Minimum 5 – 8 years of Operational experience (FMCG environment) in a senior management capacity (supply chain or logistics)
- Experience in a dynamic, high-volume operating environment.
- Working knowledge of all relevant legislation (Road Traffic Act, LRA, BCEA, Bargaining Council Agreement etc.)
- Proven Budgetary and financial skills.
- Employee Relations and Conflict Management skills.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days