Engineering Geology Specialist
A reputable company based in Johannesburg that provides consulting services on major infrastructure projects is on the lookout for an Engineering Geology specialist to join their team.
This means you’ll need excellent organizational and project management skills. You should be comfortable with data and geologic modelling, as well as technological tools. Teamwork and communication skills are also important since you will collaborate with engineers, geophysicists or other scientists. If you meet the criteria in this job description, and you also have a passion for the earth and its intricacies, we’d like to meet you.
- Mentoring junior geologists
- Technical support to site team during excavation
- Lead geology team on site
- Oversee and conduct geological mapping, evaluation of excavation & rock conditions, and record keeping for the works
- At least ten (10) years’ involvement in the investigation, design and construction of excavations, tunnels and associated works, including tunnels in hard rock
- Must have a degree in Engineering Geology or equivalent
- Professionally Registered Status (SACNASP, or approved equivalent)
- Preferably familiar with NATM in terms of tunnel geological assessment, instrumentation, monitoring systems and data interpretation
- Must be familiar with advanced tunnel geological software and systems
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Engineers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days