An industry-leading company situated in Gauteng is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Electrical Engineer to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Hands-on electrical design for a range of projects, sometimes in a lead discipline engineer role
- Providing design calculations, drawings, and specifications
- MV bulk services design, including MV reticulation design, cable sizing and route selection. Sizing and selection of MV/LV mini substations of appropriate capacity.
- LV reticulation, cable sizing and route selection.
- LV boards designed for loading capacity and protection levels for switchgear and bus bars.
- Design of LV distribution board line diagrams.
- Design of security systems inclusive of CCTV, Access Control, and Intruder Detection.
- Experience with renewable energy systems such as Photo Voltaic
- Standby and emergency power, including sizing and incorporating standby generators and UPS systems
- Earthing and Lightning protection design, fire detection and alarm systems as well as intrusion and access control systems
- Ensuring designs are by latest codes, standards and procedures and other specifications
- Complete inspection and auditing services including control and instrumentation system evaluations in-process and product/project inspections.
- Technical report writing,
- Candidates should be able to work well in a team
- Experience in Managing Project Budgets
- Project and team administration duties
- Producing project-related correspondence and reports
- Working directly with clients and other professionals with minimal supervision
- Co-ordinating work with engineers of other disciplines
- Management of project teams
- At least 7 years experience working in a consulting engineering firm on Building Services Projects
- Sound knowledge of the JBCC, GCC, NEC and other relevant building contracts
- Knowledge and experience in a broad spectrum of Electrical engineering projects and project management
- Knowledge of National, Provincial, and local laws, ordinances, policies and procedures in all aspects of design and drawing production (National Building Regulations, SANNS Code of Practice, SANS Design Codes and NHBRC requirements, policies and ordinances)
- Understanding of the construction process
- Knowledge and experience of ISO quality management system
- Experience with AUTOCAD, REVIT and Relux.
- Proficient with MS Office Applications
Education & certificates:
- BSc/BEng Electrical Engineering
- Professionally Registered with ECSA
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Engineers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days